Do you want to Superpower Engineering? We’ve doubled in size over the last year and we have ambitious plans moving forward. It’s very exciting! To continue in our growth, we are recruiting a DevOps Engineer to drive us forward and help us improve our product.
What you’ll be doing:
As the first dedicated DevOps engineer you’ll be owning and improving the infrastructure deployment of the Monolith AI platform. We have separate isolated environments for different clients, and deploy on AWS, Azure, private clouds, and on-premise. You will be responsible for streamlining the deployment process, improving alerting, monitoring and observability of the system, and ensuring it remains reliable and highly available. You’ll also have ample opportunity to shape and expand your role as the company grows.
Let us tell you about the tech:
We have a microservice architecture using Docker containers. We use Hashicorp Terraform for spinning up infrastructure on our AWS accounts. We also have to support customers who use Azure as well. We use Ansible for instance provisioning, and Hashicorp Nomad + Consul for job orchestration. Our systems are highly available, using autoscaling groups and spot instances.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Improving and speeding up our infrastructure deployment on AWS.
- Creating and maintaining support for infrastructure deployment on Azure.
- Improving our deployment instructions and ease for deployment on private clouds
- Setting up better self service management of environments, to allow other team members to easily deploy updates, see health checks, get alerts, and view logs.
- Incident management, diagnosis and fixing of environments when issues arise.
- Managing our internal infrastructure requirements, including CI/CD and machine learning experimentation work.
- Handling cybersecurity of the system, including coordinating pen testing, making sure that customer data is secure, vulnerability/risk analysis, and providing InfoSec documentation.
- Working with customers on custom deployments to ensure that their needs and constraints are met, and have good documentation.
- Working with our software and data science teams to support any changing requirements of the platform, particularly around microservices, big data handling, and running machine learning workloads.
A bit about you:
- You have experience with Terraform.
- You have a strong understanding of containerisation and Docker.
- You have experience of job orchestration (e.g. Nomad, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- You have deep cloud knowledge in at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- You have some experience of monitoring and observability.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Some experience with Ansible.
- Hashicorp Nomad/Consul knowledge.
Why Monolith AI?
Our culture is passionate, engaging and collaborative. We are genuine, we bring our true selves to work and celebrate those little quirks that make us different. We have a culture of learning, we encourage new ideas, out of the box thinkers and risk takers. We’re all human and sometimes we make mistakes, but we brush ourselves off and try again. Our culture encourages freedom, flexibility and creativity.
At Monolith AI our values are core to how we do business. They’re not just words on a wall, we live them everyday. Our values are embedded in our internal processes so that we’re always reminded what’s important to us and we continue to grow as individuals and as a company.
We are, driven, honest, practical, humble and in this together.
Our benefits & perks:
- Competitive salary + options package
- 25 days paid annual leave + Christmas eve + 8 days public holiday
- 5 days of “on the beach” time (working half days anywhere in the world)
- Flexible working opportunities, which includes core hours of 10am –4pm
- Learning Budget of £500 per year, through Sunlight \Pension with NEST
- Pension with NEST
- Wellness benefit of £30 with Heka
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Annual company holiday (when we’re able)
- Regular socials
A few things to note:
- We don’t have an end date to apply for this role but we will prioritise early applicants, so if you’re interested then please apply soon.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or EU will be considered.
- While this role is full-time, if you prefer to work part-time, just let us know. We’ll try our best to be as flexible as possible.
- We are not open to working with external recruitment agencies at this time.
- Monolith AI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- If you don’t quite match everything above but you feel you can succeed in this role then we encourage your application and look forward to hearing from you.