Do you want to Superpower Engineering? We’ve doubled in size over the last year and we have ambitious plans moving forward. It’s very exciting! To continue in our growth, we are recruiting a Lead Software Engineer to drive us forward and help us improve our product.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working on developing the Monolith AI software platform, leading the software team in developing new features and ensuring that it remains a scalable and robust system. You will work closely with the Product and Data Science teams in implementing new features, as well as collaborating with leading the rest of the software team to develop the backend and API for use by the frontend. You’ll also have ample opportunity to expand your role as the company grows and there is scope to pick up more people management responsibilities if this is of interest.
Let us tell you about the tech:
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the software team; coordinating and guiding the team to ensure sprint goals and longer term OKRs are met.
- Reporting status and results to senior stakeholders within the company.
- Implementing new features whilst writing clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- Developing backend for efficiently running data processing and machine learning.
- Constant improvement of code quality and testing best practices.
- Developing new modules and microservices to support new features.
- Collaborating closely with various teams, including Product during feature scoping, Data Science for supporting their data processing and ML requirements, Customer Success for managing client feedback, and QA for addressing bugs.
- Ensuring the overall quality and stability of the platform is maintained, with a high customer satisfaction.
- Mentoring more junior members on best practices (software design patterns, agile methodologies, prototyping, testing, code quality).
- Looking at process improvements and way to improve efficiency in the team.
A bit about you:
- You have experience in developing web applications in Python.
- You have experience developing microservices.
- You're familiar with agile methodologies.
- You have a strong understanding of containerisation.
- You’re interested or have experience leading/managing software teams.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- An understanding of how to build HA (highly available) systems.
- Experience with managing data processing or machine learning workloads.
- An understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Linux, Kubernetes)
Why Monolith AI?
Our culture is passionate, engaging and collaborative. We are genuine, we bring our true selves to work and celebrate those little quirks that make us different. We have a culture of learning, we encourage new ideas, out of the box thinkers and risk takers. We’re all human and sometimes we make mistakes, but we brush ourselves off and try again. Our culture encourages freedom, flexibility and creativity.
At Monolith AI our values are core to how we do business. They’re not just words on a wall, we live them everyday. Our values are embedded in our internal processes so that we’re always reminded what’s important to us and we continue to grow as individuals and as a company.
We are, driven, honest, practical, humble and in this together.
Our benefits & perks:
- Competitive salary + options package
- 25 days paid annual leave + Christmas eve + 8 days public holiday
- 5 days of “on the beach” time (working half days anywhere in the world)
- Flexible working opportunities, which includes core hours of 10am –4pm
- Learning Budget of £500 per year, through Sunlight
- Pension with NEST
- Wellness benefit of £30 with Heka
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Annual company holiday (when we’re able)
- Regular socials
A few things to note:
- We don’t have an end date to apply for this role but we will prioritise early applicants, so if you’re interested then please apply soon.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.
- While this role is full-time, if you prefer to work part-time, just let us know. We’ll try our best to be as flexible as possible.
- We are not open to working with external recruitment agencies at this time.
- Monolith AI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- If you don’t quite match everything above but you feel you can succeed in this role then we encourage your application and look forward to hearing from you.