What you’ll be doing:
Your role as a research scientist will see you working at the forefront of the field of 3D AI and/or geometrical ML. The ultimate aim of this role is conduct research such that ideas with the most traction can be converted into new product features when they reach the correct level of maturity. This could be anything from the development of new AI models that can generate realistic 3D geometries to working on making neural networks obey certain physical laws. As part of this role, you will have opportunities to publish papers and collaborate with top universities.
The role is predominantly a research one focused around 3D generative modelling. You will be expected to work closely with the wider tech team to help productionise and maintain elements of your work that make it into the software. For this reason, it’s important that you come to the table with strong coding abilities in Python as a minimum.
A bit about you:
- You have specialist knowledge and/or application of AI to 3D datasets e.g.: auto-encoders, GNNs, GANs etc.
- You can quickly digest state of the art research in 3D AI and test hypotheses quickly.
- You can write high quality code and have a solid understanding of Python design patterns, and programming principles. You can write code that communicates ideas clearly and can be efficiently understood and productionised.
- You’re great at communicating with both management and other tech team members and enjoy sharing new ideas with the team.
- You are comfortable with the following Python modules: Pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, and tensorflow/pytorch.
It’s a bonus if you are:
- Familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Familiar with ML benchmarking tools e.g. MLFlow or similar.
- Comfortable with git/SVN or similar source control systems.
- Familiar with ML ops e.g. predict/train APIs, sagemaker, docker, EC2.
- Familiar with GPU computing.
Why Monolith AI?
Our culture is passionate, engaging and collaborative. We are genuine, we bring our true selves to work and celebrate those little quirks that make us different. We have a culture of learning, we encourage new ideas, out of the box thinkers and risk takers. We’re all human and sometimes we make mistakes, but we brush ourselves off and try again. Our culture encourages freedom, flexibility and creativity.
At Monolith AI our values are core to how we do business. They’re not just words on a wall, we live them everyday. Our values are embedded in our internal processes so that we’re always reminded what’s important to us and we continue to grow as individuals and as a company.
We are, driven, honest, practical, humble and in this together.
Our benefits & perks:
- Competitive salary + options package
- 25 days paid annual leave + Christmas eve + 8 days public holiday
- 5 days of “on the beach” time (working half days anywhere in the world)
- Flexible working opportunities, which includes core hours of 10am –4pm
- Learning Budget of £500 per year, through Sunlight
- Pension with NEST
- Wellness benefit of £30 with Heka
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Annual company holiday (when we’re able)
- Regular socials
A few things to note:
- We don’t have an end date to apply for this role but we will prioritise early applicants, so if you’re interested then please apply soon.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.
- If you prefer to work part-time, just let us know. We’ll try our best to be as flexible as possible.
- We are not open to working with external recruitment agencies at this time.
- Monolith AI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- If you don’t quite match everything above but you feel you can succeed in this role then we encourage your application and look forward to hearing from you.