Do you want to Superpower Engineering? We’ve doubled in size over the last year, and we have ambitious plans moving forward. It’s very exciting! To continue in our growth, we are recruiting a Senior Software Engineer, to drive us forward and deliver the next-generation AI platform for engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working on developing the Monolith AI software platform, designing, and coding new features whilst building a scalable and robust system. You will work closely with the Product and Data Science teams implementing new features which could be anything from introducing a new queuing system to optimising the performance of a data loader. You’ll be designing solutions and working with clients to ensure they are able to get the most from the platform. We work in an Agile manner and encourage everyone to be looking to improve themselves and the company. The role is primarily for a back-end engineer, but any full stack experience is a bonus.
Let us tell you about the tech:
You’ll be responsible for:
- Delivering features writing robust, maintainable code.
- Designing solutions using the latest software engineering practices.
- Maintaining and supporting customer platforms.
- Working in an agile manner, planning sprints, and helping to improve team processes.
- Collaborating with other software engineers to learn together and constantly improve the platform.
A bit about you:
- You love to solve complex problems.
- You can work collaboratively in a team to achieve goals.
- You can handle rapidly changing requirements.
- You understand and can implement the whole software lifecycle.
- You can write clean and maintainable code.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- A Physics, Maths or Engineering degree.
- Knowledge of AI or Machine Learning.
- Experience scaling a start-up.
- Previously designed and worked with microservices.
- DevOps knowledge.
Why Monolith AI?
Our culture is passionate, engaging and collaborative. We are genuine, we bring our true selves to work and celebrate those little quirks that make us different. We have a culture of learning, we encourage new ideas, out of the box thinkers and risk takers. We’re all human and sometimes we make mistakes, but we brush ourselves off and try again. Our culture encourages freedom, flexibility and creativity.
At Monolith AI our values are core to how we do business. They’re not just words on a wall, we live them everyday. Our values are embedded in our internal processes so that we’re always reminded what’s important to us and we continue to grow as individuals and as a company.
Our values are: Bring yourself to work, Always be curious and open, Think like an engineer, Work smart, not hard, and Be in this together.
Our benefits & perks:
- Competitive salary + options package
- 25 days paid annual leave + Christmas eve + 8 days public holiday
- 5 days of “on the beach” time (working half days anywhere in the world)
- Flexible working opportunities: Work from home and core hours of 9:30am – 4pm, Mon – Thurs & 9:30am – 1pm Fri.
- Learning Budget of £500 per year, through Sunlight
- Pension with NEST
- Vitality health insurance
- Wellness allowance through Heka
- A day off to volunteer per year
- Regular socials
A few things to note:
- We don’t have an end date to apply for this role but we will prioritise early applicants, so if you’re interested then please apply soon.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.
- If you prefer to work part-time, just let us know. We’ll try our best to be as flexible as possible.
- We are not open to working with external recruitment agencies at this time.
- Monolith AI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- If you don’t quite match everything above but you feel you can succeed in this role then we encourage your application and look forward to hearing from you.